new clan Index du Forum
new clan
FoR ALL GaMeRs

new clan Index du ForumFAQRechercherS’enregistrerConnexion

:: About LAG ::

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    new clan Index du Forum -> OtheRs::. -> FlooD::.
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
moloKoV
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: Ven 12 Fév - 11:30 (2010)    Sujet du message: About LAG Répondre en citant

Found in a network  forum:

The biggest cause of lag is too much upload. Upload is the slower of the 2 and when you start to run out of upload bandwidth you have trouble sending responses(confirmation packets and whatnot) to the server causing lag.

The second one is a cheap(not always price wise) router(or old firmware) that has a low limit for connections. When the router runs out of connections(the number of computers it can talk to on the net, games may establish multiple connections to a server) it starts to just drop new ones, this sucks and has caused me to take back many a router. This normally only happens when using peer to peer sharing software as they make a massive number of connections.

Last thing to check is your routers firewall. Sometimes they are just too damn sensitive and start blocking stuff that should be allowed.

Publicité

MessagePosté le: Ven 12 Fév - 11:30 (2010)    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
moloKoV
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: Ven 12 Fév - 11:32 (2010)    Sujet du message: About LAG Répondre en citant

Same forum:
If you're using a linksys router i've found that enabling the SPI Firewall in the router causes Steam games like CS: Source and TeamFortress 2 to lag very badly. I checked the logs and it showed that the router was dropping the UDP packets because it thought they were a DoS attack when i was receiving, and it was dropping them when i sent them because it thought i was trying to DoS the server

Contenu Sponsorisé

MessagePosté le: Aujourd’hui à 06:02 (2018)    Sujet du message: About LAG

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    new clan Index du Forum -> OtheRs::. -> FlooD::. Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Index | Panneau d’administration | Creer un forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Thème créé par Concept GraphiK'